Thursday 15 July 2010

A new workspace and some new work

Seeing as the small studio space we have downstairs is filled to the brim with my mothers junk, and my brother has left us for a year to live a luxurious travelling lifestyle, I took it upon myself to turn his bedroom into a new workspace, just for me. Its a decent sized space, and the only problem I have had to overcome so far is the lack of cutting surface, this was re arranged when I had the brilliant idea of covering his bed with a piece of wood (a temporary measure, but it works).



I even filled it with all my stuff from my FMP exhibition. It makes the room a bit more inspiring. The lack of a full time job gave me the opportunity to organise everything in the room as well. Fabrics are bagged and labelled for convenience; pens, pins and threads are displayed for easy access, even magazines have been carefully stacked in a suitcase, just so I know where everything is.



A long with this new work space comes new work. My project at the moment is for YEAH mag, and although I have not yet completed all of my designs, I decided it would be beneficial to start with the construction of something I am absolutely certain. My Coat.

The illustration is not 100% finished (I need to run it through Photoshop to adjust the colours) but you get the idea. Oh and just in case your wondering what's wrong with her legs?, the other garment in this look is lace leggings. Lace is hard to draw with a Sharpie. She hasn't got a rash.



So I started with a toile, I'm quite happy with it, although the bat wing sleeve needs some work. And I need to alter the sizing, which would be so much easier if I had a real adjustable dressmakers dummy. Pinning things to yourself is hard. If anyone knows of somewhere I could get one for cheap, or even better, for free, please put me in contact.

Other than that, there's not much to report. I'm working on a brand name at the moment. And hopefully, when I've settled on one, I'll get some labels made up. And care labels, and some ribbon, maybe some swing tags and bags, even leather embossed labels...

5 comments:

  1. Your writing technique is impressive and enjoyable to read. You have many interesting points of view that give me pause to consider.Custom Foiled Swing Tag Printing, free UK delivery. Any size any shape gold, silver and lots more foil colors to choose Call 0203 769 5141
    foiled swing tags

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a happy day to be able to read an article that is so clearly researched and written. I have very much enjoyed this informational content. Your layout is excellent. I will come back again. Custom embossed swing tags Designs. free UK delivery, gold or silver and lots more foil colors. Double sided printing. 0203 769 5141.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foiled Swing Tag Printing free UK delivery, gold, silver and lots more foil colours to choose from, double sided printing. Call 0203 769 5141 eamil us at help@tagsandbags.co.uk
    Foiled Swing Tags

    ReplyDelete
  4. embossed Swing Tags
    Custom | Buy Effective Tags Online Now
    Embossed Swing Tags that are too cheap are a sign of a low-quality product. Are you a retailer or an online merchant who sells your wares? Then you must understand the significance of well-designed and distinctive swing tags. Swing tags printed with string may often refer to as colorful placeholders for price tags and universal product codes by some firms. However, the astute businessperson recognizes that even little swing tags are capable of much more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything I can say is extraordinary work. The work you put into this is extremely noteworthy and I partook in the entire read. I desire to return and see more articles you've composed. Custom foiled swing tags Printing, free UK delivery. Any size any shape gold, silver and lots more foil colors to choose Call 0203 769 5141

    ReplyDelete